Let's just say it was a shit show goal wise and move on, shall we? Seriously, I accomplished nothing. Okay, that's a lie - out of all my goals, I accomplished 2 - paid off my debt and turned 30. I'm pretty proud of both of those, so I don't care about the others.
But let's move on to the second quarter. I am kind of regretting doing quarterly goals because life has been so weird and up in the air, and right when we are about to settle down it will go all topsy turvy here soon.
Second quarter - April, May & June.
We are leaving on June 9th, so I'm gonna go ahead and call my second quarter of 2017 April, May and the first 8 days in June.
I decided to split my goals up for this quarter:
- Close on our (hopefully) new house. I keep saying hopefully because until we have signed the documents and have the keys in our hands, I don't consider it officially ours. Pessimist at work right here.
- Do all the house things. There a lot of things. Walls to take down, wallpaper to take down (thankfully only one room and some of it on the walls that are coming down), paint all the rooms, new carpet, electrical, plumbing & radon work, move all the things in, buy some other new things like a new washing machine.
- Stay under our grocery budget.
- Finish booking NZ. We don't really have anything to book for Australia as it's still so up in the air with what we will be doing, but we have a few tours still to book for NZ.
- Save spending money for trip. We were doing great with saving money and then had to spend a million dollars on the house process (give or take lots of dollars) and we need to replenish, as well as pay for all the above things LOL where is this money coming from?! I had a specific amount I wanted for a super comfortable trip, but that's not realistic anymore. The bad thing is, both countries are expensive compared to KY. The good thing is, our dollar (as in USD) is a bit stronger now and it should go a wee bit further.
- Exercise 5 times a week. Run, yoga, weights. Shouldn't be that hard.
- No. Eating. Out. FOR LUNCH. AT ALL KRISTEN.
- Meal plan. Once we are in our own home, this will be a necessity if we want to pay for all the other things and stay under our grocery budget. I want to plan at least all weekday meals.
- Make at least 1 appointment. In a dream world I'd do all of them but lets start small and try for 1: dentist, eye doctor, skin doctor or lady doctor.
- Lose weight. I am so sick of feeling like crap. I'm not putting a number on it because that's not important, but I want to feel better and have my clothes actually fit comfortably.
- Run my half marathon. I don't think this will be my sub 2. But hopefully I can beat my last time at least.
- Go on at least one date/event/adventure type thing with KC.
- Call mum once a week and nana once a month.
- Photos & photo books. I am almost done organising my photos again, I want to make sure they are backed up multiple places and then I want to start the process of organising photo year books.
- Take all 3 cats to the vet (separately).
- Read all books older than 3 months on Netgalley. Currently 7, though I have 15 total.
- Read at least 20 books that I already own. At last count, I own 86 books that I haven't read. I have 21 from 2015 and prior, 61 from 2016 and 9 from 2017. 17 ebooks, 5 ebooks and the rest are real books.
- Keep library books under 20 at a time - including ebooks. No-one can read 50 books in 3 weeks Kristen, stop borrowing so many.
- Don't buy any books. I don't like to put book buying restrictions on myself, but you can see how many I own and how many I borrow from the library. I don't need any more books. Exceptions: I have already paid for 3 months of BOTM and only used 1, so that's 2 that I will 'purchase' but not exchange money for. Also, free ebooks are okay but only if they are already on my TBR or have tons of good reviews on goodreads.
- Finish Erin's challenge. I have 3 books left and 30 days to read them.
We are starting the process of packing up again - most things are still in boxes but a few things we took out, like all these books I haven't read. They are now boxed up again with a huge TBR on them so maybe I will only unpack those when we move in. Ha.
I know this seems like a lot of goals, and it is. But most of them are things that are going to be done anyway, the rest are to provide goals/structure which I need.
So I started one goal already - made an appointment for Millie to go to the vet. Hopefully they will get rid of her mats (I'm not going near them again) but they said they might have to shave her whole body and sedate her even though she only has them on her chest (it's because of how she drinks water, silly girl) and I am totally freaking out, I thought I could hang out with her but I have to leave her for the whole day? And shave her whole body? The other cats will freak out and I'm not just saying that, they freaked out when we gave Chelsea a bath because she looked and smelled different. Is this normal guys? Should I make another appointment elsewhere? Or am I being crazy?