- Friends. Nothing like spending time with your friends.
- Jimmy Johns. I was reading a book the other day (Don't You Cry) and at the start of the book, the character gets a turkey tom from Jimmy Johns and it made me laugh, because that is what I always get (no exaggeration, I do not stray) and it made me want one. I don't know why they taste so good but they do.
- Books. I have been reading like a maniac lately because someone thought it was a bright idea to let me take 50 books home from the library.
^ currently reading this collection of short stories.. I am really not a short story kinda gal, but this one sounded awesome. Badass girls for the win, right? So far there have been more duds than stars, but I'm only about halfway through.
- KC reading. When KC and I broke up in 2011, the one thing I kept saying/sobbing was 'but he likes to read'. I was so upset that I wouldn't find another person who liked to read and liked subtitles and me. It was like the perfect trifecta, so good thing we got back together. He reads every night without fail, and he has read all the books by his favourite author like 27 million times.
- Travel. Next Friday I'm off to see my mum - haven't seen her in over 2 years! I'm excited for where we are going (LA and Vegas), but mostly excited just to see and hang out with her. Okay, and the food she's bringing, I'm excited about that as well.
|Sept 2013, mum's last trip to the US (not the last time I saw her, that was our trip home in 2014)|
- Bridget Jones 3. Comes out next month and I can't wait. Someone at work said 'oh that Patrick Dempsey, he's so fine' and I was like she better pick Darcy or I will lose my shit. Or something along those lines.
- Netgalley. My Netgalley list has gone down! I had 19 at one point, I think. Now I have 8! I might have gotten rid of a couple because they just really didn't sound good and I don't know why I requested them, and one I tried and just couldn't get into so bye Felicia. But the rest I read, I swear on my love for Jimmy Johns.
^ Millie loves me you guys, but she doesn't love me enough to ever lay on me or the bed. But, she will lay on my nightstand ALL NIGHT. It's adorable and I can't handle the cuteness. Sometimes, in the morning if she knows I'm stirring, she will push her head into mine, which is cute. Or she will meow, which is not cute at 5am. Penny loves to lay on things, whether it is my gym bag or my book. Chelsea loves the car, so we went for a drive the other morning which was great until it started raining, which Chelsea hates. So, that was fun.
- Running. The other day I mentioned my friend would be out of town and I was pretty confident I wouldn't get out and run on my own, let alone 10 miles (what we were supposed to run). But I did! I think it's because I drove to the park instead of running around my own neighbourhood. The following week we ran together and it was way better, but still. Proud of doing it on my own.
This Sunday - 11 miles! I will try and wear a different top.
Made me laugh so hard. Seriously, it's definitely one of my top ten reasons I love America. JK. Kind of.
What's made you happy lately?