1. All my life people have gotten my name wrong (Kirsten, Christine, Kristy, Christian etc) so my mum used to tell everyone to call me Kris, and that's how she would introduce me 'this is my daughter Kris'. No-one calls me that now, of course. I tried to make Krissy happen for a long time, thank goodness it didn't.
2. I was born with black spiky hair that would not stay down no matter what, and my uncle nicknamed me Woody and still calls me that to this very day.
3. I don't have a father. I mean, I do, duh, science, but I don't.
4. I really like toblerones.
5. I used to be obsessed with a band called Unwritten Law when I was a teenager, and every time they came to Oz, they only did over 18 shows so I couldn't go. When I was finally able to go, I'd been a fan for like 4 or 5 years, and they were so bad. So, so bad. I was so upset and couldn't listen to them for months. They came back a couple years later and I saw them again, with very low expectations and they were amazing.
6. My mum used to sing a different song to all of us, mine was 'my little angel' by william shakespeare and we danced to it at my wedding. I surprised her and we both cried.
7. I used to despise butter (or margarine). I use it in cooking now, and sometimes I put it on plain toast, but that's it. I used to have a conniption if mum made my sandwich with butter.
8. I could listen to I Got A Car by George Strait on repeat for days and not be mad about it.
9. I take a bath almost every night.
10. I could eat butter chicken (or chickpeas) or fettuccine alfredo every day for the rest of my life.
11. I used to grind my teeth in my sleep so much that my dentist told my mother I was doing drugs when I was like 11 because that was the only possible explanation (apparently).
12. I have 2 brothers. I also have half sisters, but I didn't really grow up with them and don't really know them. My brothers and I are all very close in age. Matt was born August 23rd 1985, I was born February 12th 1987 and Brian was born February 1st 1988.
13. I can make one eye look up while the other looks down / closed. It's really not cute.
14. I worked at McDonalds for 5 years. It was my first real job and I really didn't want to apply, but I had already applied everywhere else and no-one would hire me. I ended up loving it and for a long time, wanted to own my own McDonalds one day.
15. I used to have my belly button and tongue pierced. Both are long gone.
16. When I was 6 weeks old, I had an operation for something that wasn't actually wrong with me, but now I have a very long scar across my belly to show for it.
17. I have only ever broken one bone, a little pinkie, playing netball. This girl threw the ball at me really hard, and it turned purple immediately. Like 6 years later, we ended up at the same school and became best friends.
18. I got my first tattoo because my cousin and I were bored on NYE (he was a tattoo artist). I got my second because my ex boyfriend had gone and got a tattoo and not told me, so I went and got one without telling him. Ha! What a weirdo.
19. I used to think I would marry Zac Hanson.
20. Y'all know I love my cats, but I love all animals and have had quite a few. Dogs, cats, horses, mice, guinea pigs, ducks, rabbits, fish and hermit crabs. We also minded a little lamb for a hot minute while the owners moved.
21. I hate salt. I use a napkin to wipe the salt off the fries at most places.
22. I hated shoes for a long time and would walk around (in public.. gasp) without shoes on. My mum was so embarrassed to be with me, but we don't have the 'no shoes, no shirt' thing at home (well, I bet a lot of shop owners were like wtf, but they weren't technically serving me, so....). It wasn't until a girl at school said she had seen me at the shops and 'um, you weren't wearing any shoes' that I realised it was a bit odd and I should probably wear shoes.
24. I used to be a really careless driver, but then I had an accident, and now I am more careful. I am also the worst backseat / passenger side driver you have ever met.
25. Potatoes in any form are my favourite.
26. I have gained quite a bit of weight since I moved here. About 20lbs. Probably all the potatoes.
27. I have had one cup of coffee in my life, and it was an iced coffee and I was very drunk and someone was trying to sober me up. Other than that, I hate coffee and have tried to drink it before to be in the cool club, but gave up.
28. When I was born, I was given 6 names. I changed my name when I got my driver's license because it wouldn't fit. Kristen Lee was actually my full first name (like Mary Jane or whatever) and now it's my first and middle. I had 2 middle names and 2 surnames.
29. It's my birthday today! Or yesterday. Whatever. Around 29-ish years ago, I was born. High five life.
Happy birthday to me! I am going to celebrate with chinese food and a movie (most likely P&P insert evil laugh), some ice cream or cake, kitty cuddles and making KC be my house slave for the weekend. Ha. Just kidding.