Also, I discovered I was turning 29 in a leap year, which means there were 29 days in February (in case you didn't know what a leap year was). So I was turning 29 in a month with 29 days. How often does that happen? (Christy was actually 29 in Feb as well!) It was like fate telling me to treat myself during the whole month. You can't ignore fate, kids. So I did 29 things, some small, some big, all made for a fabulous birthday month. In no particular order:
1. New bag. Only just ordered it, so it hasn't arrived yet. I loved my justfab bag that I bought 2 years ago and have been trying to replace it but haven't found one as good yet.. hopefully 3rd time's a charm!
2. First facial! Not gonna lie, it was a bit awkward and weird but my skin feels like a baby's butt.
3. New work pants. I've been wanting a new pair of work pants for ages, so I went to express and got 2 new pairs. I tried on a bunch of other things, I love their dresses but they are always too short.
4. Pedicure. It's been a long time..
5. Pretty new book.
6. Dinner with the girls at my favourite restaurant.
7. Sangria & alfredo at olive garden, yum.
8. Ice cream.
9. Half price books shopping spree.
11. Spoke to my mummy & nana. Can I get a hallelujah for technology. Unfortunately, neither of them are savvy enough to do the video call, but no matter. Voice is good!
12. Lunch with KC & in laws at my second favourite restaurant (Indian).
13. Got my hair did. Walked in 'meh', walked out fabulous.
14. Movie and lunch date. KC and I rarely do 'dates' but sometimes we will catch a movie and breakfast or lunch.
15. Stitch Fix! Because why not. I only kept one dress, you can see the rest of the 'fix' here.
16. Hot chocolate. Extra whip.
17. Got the budget bytes cookbook. Mum got this for me, but whatever, it counts.
18. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies! I thought I took a photo of my movie ticket but I mustn't have saved it, so here is a pretty poster instead.
19. Jimmy johns. Don't judge me.
20. New kindle. I was always on the 'basic as basic can be' kindle train, but this was only $40 and it's so much easier to navigate. I don't really use it as a proper tablet, but for an e-reader I absolutely adore it.
21. Bought the BBC version of Emma on DVD because.. treat yo self.
22. Chocolate milk. Judgement free zone you guys.
23. Owl crate. This isn't something I'd sign up for regularly, but I loved getting it for my birthday. Cats not included.
24. Spent hours in a black hole of youtube... ended with this video... you should watch it. Skip to 3:20. This counts. Believe me.
25. Bought this hot tools thingy. Have yet to attempt using it.
27. Kitty mug.
28. Fried rice is always a good idea, but especially during birthday month.
29. Started drinking soda again. Whatever, leave me alone!
So most of the treating myself has to do with shopping or eating. I'm down with that.
29 days of treating myself and I think I now need to detox / stop shopping for like a year. Here's to 29!