I still went over budget this month. But not as bad. Still not good though. I did most of my shopping early on, and slowed down towards the end of the month. I realised not only do we have Europe coming up, but we just got a new (to us) car, and my green card expires in a couple months which is $600 right there (yeah being an expat is so fun!), among other things. So this really will have to calm down from now on. I think I am finally getting to the point where I am really thinking about my purchases, and if I will actually wear them etc etc.
1. A dress from sheinside - I actually already own this dress but it's too short so I thought if I bought another I could make it longer... but then I got the stitch fix striped dress and I don't think I am going to try. It's too hard to return the dress, so I will just sell them both on eBay.
2. Crocs Adrina Flats - don't judge. They are for Europe, apparently great for travel. They are super comfy. They aren't the normal ugly crocs. At least, I think they're cute.
3. Cat flats - Ok you can judge me for these, but kitties! They are fairly comfy, definitely need breaking in but I really like them.
4. Skirt from modcloth - I have been searching for a skater skirt for yonks that actually covered my butt. For once, modcloth came to the rescue. Normally I love their stuff online but it doesn't work in real life. Happy to say this skirt is long enough, cat hair resistant, and super cute.. in my opinion. It comes in navy too which is actually on super sale.
5. A dress from stitch fix - and I love it! More about my first fix here.
6. Gap knit moto jacket - Gina made me do it. Seriously though.. I am hoping this will be my go-to comfy but casual without looking like a slob jacket. I haven't got it yet, but it looks great on Gina. I have a denim jacket that I was hoping would be it, but it's just too stiff and I never grab it, so it's stupid. If this works out, I am taking it to Europe. Oh, I got it on super sale which is always awesome. It was like $76 originally, on sale for $56 and then another 30% off. I mean, I had to, right? But seriously, I really did want a jacket like this and I am hoping it will be the one and I'll never buy another jacket again. Promise.
I bought 1 blouse and 2 dresses off eBay and thredup, I am returning the thredup dress because I simply do not need it and shouldn't have bought it, but you
Goal wise, here's how I did:
1. No impulse shopping.
Half pass. I have wanted all of these things for a little while and have thought about them for quite some time - but as soon as I see the exact item and it fits all the criteria including budget? I buy immediately. So it's like premeditated impulse shopping.
2. No more than $100 a month.
Well the sheinside dress is the only 'cheap' thing here, and I'm not keeping it anyway, so... Pass.
4. No more getting sucked in by other bloggers.
Half pass. The only thing I really saw on other bloggers was that Gap jacket, and I love it.
5. Fill holes in my closet rather than create new spots.
Just okay. Maybe pass.
6. Buy more house stuff, but no more projects until previous projects are done.
No house stuff.
Here's to March!