Autumn Goals (Sept-Nov)
- Run. No pressure, just run, and enjoy it. Didn't start off the best, but my friend and I have been running together once a week and it really is so helpful. I didn't run 5 times a week every week, but I ran at least twice a week, sometimes (okay, once) four times a week.
- Try not to eat out for lunch that much. Try to eat healthy. The first couple of weeks of September sucked with eating out for lunch (or eating healthy). Towards the end of September, I slowly started to bring food from home and attempted to eat healthier. Fell off the wagon (intentionally) for Disney World trip but other that that, my food choices have improved, I didn't eat out for lunch at work in November at all.
- Sell some more things on eBay. Oops.
- Clean up my photos. Oops again.
- Make 3 new recipes. I made so much shit you guys. I made baked chicken tacos, sweet and sour chicken, honey mustard chicken, italian chicken (and we started 'grilling' because we got a george foreman), chicken and broccoli, turkey burgers with spinach and feta, honey garlic chicken with veggies, curried sweet potato and chickpea stew, quinoa pizza crust (not as amazing as normal pizza -duh- but super easy and much healthier) and shrimp scampi. Like you don't even know how much of a badass
- Do something different in Louisville. Um, technically I did try a new restaurant but it wasn't in my power. I say it totally counts. I'm not a huge fan of mexican really, but their cocktails were great.
- Lose weight. Huzzah! This goes hand in hand with the eating healthy and soda. I gained quite a bit of weight after Europe (who does that?) that took me longer than I'd like to get rid of, but I got rid of it, and now I am at my pre-Europe weight.
- Give up soda again. I drank a lot of soda. I managed to swap from sprite to diet coke, which is just as bad in the cancer and bad for you department, but at least zero calories.
- Call my mum and Nana. I feel bad that I have to have this as a goal for me to call them, but if it gets me to call them I don't really mind. I spoke to my mum a few times and my nana once (she's not a big phone person).
- Have a totally awesome Halloween party. We actually cancelled it, womp womp. No Merida. We did go out for Halloween though, and we had a blast.
- Set up a cleaning schedule. Steph sent me her chores list which was super helpful, and Kathy gave me tons of tips. I was able to tweak both for our lifestyle and seriously, the house looks so much better and all I am doing is taking 10-20 minutes out of my day to do shit. I still do a big clean on the weekend but it's more of a medium clean now because it doesn't take as long.
So, not bad but not great. I really like the idea of seasonal goals because it gives me more time to complete them, but I struggle with goals in general. I need to be smarter about them and what goals I set, reminding myself of them etc etc. Then I might actually complete them. So, I'm going to try and take a page out of Paige's book and trying this SMART thing.
This is my first time doing the SMART thing so hopefully I'm doing it right.
Winter goals (Dec-Feb).
- No shopping in December, January and February budget $100 each. I don't need to do any shopping. No books, no clothes, no accessories. Groceries are fine as are specific items if I run out. December is a must 'no shopping' month, January and February I can loosen up a bit, but be sensible: no impulse purchases, do not spend over $100.
- No paying for eating out at work. If boss buys, doesn't count. Eat out with KC only once a week. Self explanatory.
- Exercise consistently. Winter screws me up every year. Well, actually, I screw myself because I'm lazy. Specifically: exercise a minimum of 3 times a week plus running with bestie on Sundays.
- Organise photos. I really need to do this. Specifically: organise them all into folders, organise which ones to be printed, and how, back them up somehow.
Since I 'failed' a couple of goals in Autumn, I am trying to only stick with 4 goals for Winter. I think I can do it as I have given myself specifics. I don't think any of them are too outlandish. I'd like to make more, but keep it simple stupid right?