1. What's the hottest temperature it's ever reached where you live?
Well, apparently the hottest it ever got in Sydney was 45.8 Celsius (114.4 Fahrenheit) but I was in KY at the time. It was also apparently 47.8 / 118 in 1939 but I wasn't alive for that. As for Louisville, apparently the hottest was 102 in 1952. I honestly couldn't tell you the hottest it's been since I moved here, I don't think it gets over 100 that often but I could be wrong.
2. Speaking of hot, how do you cool off in the summer heat?
I don't! A lot of people I know say they hate summer because they can't cool off, but in winter they can warm up. I'm the opposite. I can't warm up in winter, no matter how many blankets I pile on. I love being hot. There is no such thing as being too hot for me. I love to sweat, I love to feel the sun burning down on me.
3. Summer is one of the best times to read. Give us a summer book recommendation!
I wrote a whole post about summer book reads! The best books I have read this summer are: A Little Something Different, The Royal We, Big Little Lies and Still Alice.
4. What's your favorite thing about the summer where you live?
...... I am the worst about doing things in Louisville regardless of season, so lets pretend I still live in Sydney. My favourite thing would be the beach. Always the beach.
5. What's the #1 thing on your summer bucket list?
Find a way to have an eternal summer and make sure winter never returns. Any advice?
6. You're going on a girl's trip this weekend and you've rented a drop-top convertible. What's the first song you blast?
Man, I feel like a woman, naturally.
7. Summer is for glowing! What product do you use to get your bronze goddess on?
My favourite bronzer is this Rimmel stuff. I've used it for years and my mum has too. Plus it's like $5.
8. What about lip products? Are you a lipstick, lipgloss or bar lips kind of girl?
I used to love to try lip stuff, but now I am set on using Milani Nude Creme for the rest of my life. There is never a situation where it isn't the perfect choice. It's like $5 at walgreens but apparently it's only $3 at walmart so clearly I'm going to walmart this evening. Sorry for the selfie, but it's the best photo I have of me wearing it - I love how nude it is without looking like concealer, I feel like it brings out the pink in my lips. I am pretty much always wearing it.
9. How about nail polish? What nail polish can you not get enough of during the summer?
Nope. Not a nail polish girl. I do love pastels on other people though!
10. This or that?
-- Bonfire or swimming? Swimming.
-- Pool or beach? Beach.
-- Icecream or popsicles? Ice cream.
-- Bikini or a one piece? Bikini.
-- Sporting event or music festival? Sporting event.
-- Maxis or sundresses? Maxi.
11. Dream summer vacation on me! Where are you going?
Sydney! Greece! All the places.
No. Sigh. But, again with the pretending, when I used to live at home, mum and I would always carve out a weekend to drive to Woolongong. We'd sing along to oldies on the way there, we'd spend a few hours at the beach, stop and get fish & chips on the way home, struggle to stay awake and then have a nap when we got home. Fabulous day.