In case you are wondering why I am declaring my Autumn (Fall) goals now, I am not trying to be obstinate but I guess I kind of am - to me, the seasons start on the first of the month. So to me, right now, it is Spring in Australia on the 1st of Sept, which means it is Autumn on the 1st of Sept in the US. I understand that's not how you all do it, but my brain can only take so much new information before it refuses to take anymore, you know?
How'd I do in August?
- Make one new recipe. I did! Just the one, mind. Paige's stir fry - we do not keep or cook beef in the house normally, so I made it with chicken. I would even try it with chickpeas next time. It was delicious. We served it over rice noodles and used different veggies, but whatevs. Same thing.
- Sell a few things on eBay. I certainly won't make a million dollars, but I listed 5 things. If I list too much, I get overwhelmed and I burn out. Baby steps.
- Don't eat out for lunch. Oh hey there big fat fatty fail, nice to see you.
- Cross something off my 30 before 30 list. Not quite. I bought some fabric to make myself an article of clothing but I was fairly 'busy' each weekend. Hoping to get to it this weekend.
- Stick to my half marathon training plan. I struggled this month, both mentally and physically. Here's to next month.
Now for Autumn Goals (Sept - Nov)
- Run. No pressure, just run, and enjoy it.
- Try not to eat out for lunch that much. Try to eat healthy.
- Sell some more things on eBay.
- Clean up my photos. They are an absolute mess. Need to clean it up, organise what ones to print, make photo books etc.
- Make 3 new recipes. 1 per month, easy as pie. Don't try to make pie.
- Do something different in Louisville. Try a new restaurant, do something, anything, to get to know this city more.
- Lose weight.
- Give up soda again.
- Call my mum and Nana. At least once.
- Have a totally awesome Halloween party
- Set up a cleaning schedule. Not rigid, just an idea so Chelsea's hair doesn't take over the house.
That's all - probably a bit ambitious, but it works out to be about 3-4 goals per month which isn't too bad. Most people get the Summer blahs, I get the Autumn blahs because it means... winter is coming. Sigh.
Any cleaning schedule suggestions? I don't want anything crazy, I'll still do a deep clean once-a-when-I-want-to, but I want something to keep the house looking decent during the week.