Monday, July 20, 2015
If I could turn back time
and you'd stay.....
Who doesn't love Cher? Okay, but if you don't, I don't think we can be friends.
I don't believe everything happens for a reason, but I do believe that the choices I'd made - good and bad - have led me where I am today. I like where I am quite a bit, so given the chance I wouldn't change anything.
However, if I could be guaranteed that nothing would change and I could simply change things for the fun of it.. there's a few things I wouldn't mind changing:
- I would study abroad.
- I'd be more impulsive and spontaneous. I was such a boring teenager. I didn't even go out till I was 21 and the legal drinking age at home is 18. There is nothing wrong with being boring, I guess, I just wish I had done more fun stuff.
- I would tell my own personal Regina George to suck it.
- I'd worry less. If you can't change it, Kristen - get over it.
- I'd start exercising earlier. I wish I had made it a habit when I was a teenager, I feel like that would help in maintaining the habit as an adult.
- I'd enjoy being single. I went from boyfriend to heartache and missing that boyfriend to another boyfriend to.. you get the picture. I was so focused on having someone that I never enjoyed myself.. until right before I met KC. So I had a little bit of time, I just wish I hadn't been so focused on a relationship when I was younger.
- I'd enjoy the hangover free days.
- Not make so many stupid financial decisions. I am smarter now, for sure, but I am fairly stupid financially. I wish I had never gone down that road.
- Had more self confidence. Oh, I was such a little debbie downer. I really believed I was ugly and everyone hated me and it was so hard to act like those things weren't true. Now I'm older, I don't care if people hate me and I don't care if they think I'm ugly.
- I'd do what made me happy, not what I thought I 'should' do.
- I'd live by myself. Don't get me wrong, I love KC and our cats. But I'll never (er.. hopefully) know what it's like to live on my own and do whatever I want all the time.
- I would never read Allegiant and the last 2 Sookie Stackhouse books.
- Most importantly, I would see Cher live. She came to Sydney in 2005 and her shows sold out so quickly, plus tickets would have been more than my (now) mortgage payment, which was more than 18 year old me was making. I have regretted it ever since.
Like I said, I love my life and wouldn't change a thing if it meant I wouldn't end up here. I know I've made some stupid decisions and life could be completely different, so I consider myself extremely lucky that I ended up where I did and I am super thankful for everything in my life. I wouldn't want to insult my life by wishing to change anything about my past!
What would you change if you could?